Services & Procedures
Dr. Jatinder Bhardwaj is a double board-certified pediatric gastroenterologist and specializes in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of children’s gastrointestinal conditions including:
- Abdominal Pain, Vomiting, Intestinal Diseases and Childhood Constipation
- Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease – Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Indeterminate colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Autoimmune enteropathy
- Reflux/Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- H Pylori
- Gastrointestinal polyps
- Childhood growth issues, including failure to thrive, malnutrition, growth failure and nutritional and vitamin deficiencies
- Feeding Disorders,including anorexia nervosa and bulimia
- Childhood obesity
- Liver disorders, including jaundice, disorders of bilirubin metabolism, autoimmune hepatitis,fatty liver and hepatic steatosis
- Patients with elevated liver enzymes
- Neonatal hepatic disorders, including biliary atresia
- Gastrostomy, Nasogastric and nasojejunal feeding tube issues
- Cystic fibrosis, alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency, and pancreatic insufficiency,
- Patient requiring pancreatic enzyme supplementation
- Short Gut/Short Bowel Syndrome and patients requiring total parenteral nutrition
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis
He performs various endoscopic procedures, including upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, and flexible sigmoidoscopy, and also does endoscopic gastrostomy feeding tube placement.
He also specializes in endoscopic removal of lodged foreign bodies in the esophagus and the stomach, like magnets, batteries and coins.
He also treats esophageal strcitures and stenosis/narrowing, and performs endoscopic esophageal dilations.
He performs liver biopsy and rectal biopsy
Other procedures performed includes ph impedance probe for diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux disease, and breath hydrogen testing to check for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, and carbohydrate malabsorption/intolerance.
Video Capsule endoscopy is also performed in the office.
He also takes care of patients post liver transplant, and works closely with centers where patients receive their liver transplant.
Most patient appointments are scheduled to meet with Dr. Bhardwaj within the same week. Urgent appointments are accomodated to be seen within 1-2 days.
Urgent endoscopy appointments are also available.
Endoscopies are performed at the Surgicare location in the same building as the office suite.
Some procedures are also performed at the main Women's and Children's Hospital located on the same campus.
Every patient receives personalized care.